The course introduces students to textile decoration techniques. Students will learn historical, theoretical and practical aspects of various printing techniques and how they are applied to fabrics at the crafts and industrial levels.
The course is divided into 5 parts:
1. Research and development of decorative motifs for textiles
2. Design and printing of serigraphic works
3. Pastes, paints and pigments for textile printing and dyeing
4. Printing: serigraphic, rotary, transfer, sublimation and digital
5. Textile decoration techniques: shibori/tie-dying, batik, stencilling, block printing, aerography, watercolour and freehand drawing
The course includes classroom lessons, working groups, projects and visits to museums and other sites of interest.
This formula allows the student to construct the program directly with the teacher and adapt it to his/her individual training needs. The dates of the lectures will be coordinated with the academic secretary office: firstname.lastname@example.org
All prices are in Euros. Registration fee of 70,00 Euro (valid for 12 months).
1 lesson: 45 minutes.
Teacher: Karl Ernst Jorns