The course introduces students to textile decoration techniques. Students will learn historical, theoretical and practical aspects of various printing techniques and how they are applied to fabrics at the crafts and industrial levels.
The course is divided into 5 parts:
1. Research and development of decorative motifs for textiles
2. Design and printing of serigraphic works
3. Pastes, paints and pigments for textile printing and dyeing
4. Printing: serigraphic, rotary, transfer, sublimation and digital
5. Textile decoration techniques: shibori/tie-dying, batik, stencilling, block printing, aerography, watercolour and freehand drawing
The course includes classroom lessons, working groups, projects and visits to museums and other sites of interest.
The course is available individually and for small groups of maximum 6 students
1. "Group Course" Option
1 lesson: 2 hours and 15 minutes
COURSE CALENDAR 2016
|Month||Starting Date 2016||Ending Date 2016|
|01||04 January||29 January|
|02||01 February||26 February|
|03||29 February||25 March|
|04||04 April||29 April|
|05||02 May||27 May|
|06||30 May||23 June|
|07||27 June||22 July|
|08||25 July||19 August|
|09||22 August||16 September|
|10||19 September||14 October|
|11||24 October||18 November|
|12||21 November||16 December|
|28 March - 1 April||Spring Break|
|17 - 21 October||Fall Break|
|19 - 31 December||Christmas Break|
|25 April||Festa della Liberazione|
|02 June||Festa della Repubblica|
|24 June||Saint John Babtist (Patron Saint of Florence)|
|01 November||All Saints' Day|
|08 December||Immaculate Conception|
2. "Individual Course" Option
This formula allows the student to construct the program directly with the teacher and adapt it to his/her individual training needs. The dates of the lectures will be coordinated with the academic secretary office: email@example.com
All prices are in Euros.
Registration fee of 70,00 Euro (valid for 12 months).
1 lesson: 45 minutes.
Teacher: Karl Ernst Jorns