During this course students will get to know the fascinating panorama of Italian literature, an immense and multi-faceted heritage.
The main topics of the course include:
• The origins of Italian literature: the Sicilian and Bolognese Schools;
• Poetry in Dante’s time and the Dolce Stil Novo: Lapo Gianni, Cino da Pistoia, Guido Cavalcanti, Cecco Angiolieri;
• Dante and the "Divine Comedy”;
• Petrarca and Boccaccio: the birth of Humanism;
• Literature in the Medici’s time: Lorenzo il Magnifico and Agnolo Poliziano;
• Literature and the Renaissance: Ludovico Ariosto and Niccolò Machiavelli;
• Literature and the Counter-reform: Torquato Tasso;
• The 17th century, the Baroque and Arcadia;
• The 18th century amidst the Enlightenment, Neoclassicism and Romanticism: Vittorio Alfieri and Carlo Goldoni;
• The neoclassical and romantic époque: Ugo Foscolo and Giacomo Leopardi;
• Alessandro Manzoni and the literature of the unification of Italy;
• The age of Verism: Verga and Pirandello;
• Gabriele D'Annunzio and the literature of Decadentism;
• Hermeticism and the new lyrics: Ungaretti and the late 20th century;
• The neorealist season: Moravia, Pavese and Bassani;
• Contemporary literature: Italo Calvino, Pier Paolo Pasolini, Umbert Eco, and so on.
All prices are in Euros. Registration fee of 70,00 Euro (valid for 12 months).
1 lesson: 45 minutes.
Once you purchase the package of lessons, course dates can be agreed upon.